The TaleSun 400 Watt Half-Cell Solar Panel is the optimal panel for efficiency and longevity in all environments, including potentially shady ones. Unlike conventional photovoltaic panels, these half-cell mono crystalline units will continue producing a significant percentage of power even when a segment of the panel is blocked by shade.
- Very High Efficiency: With an efficiency over 20% and 400 watts of output, you are truly optimizing the available footprint by installing these panels.
- 9BB (busbar) Half Cut Cells: State of the art circuit design has lower internal current and lower irradiance loss.
- Tier 1 Manufacturer: Production standards of the highest levels.
- Special Circuit Design: significantly lowers the risk of hot spots.
- Reduction of shadow occlusion effect.
- Industry leading high-yield: Bifacial PERC cell technology yields 5-25% more than industry averages depending on environmental conditions.
- Excellent Anti-PID performance: TUV certified this panel to resist Potential Induced Degradation (PID) at twice the industry standard.
- IP68 junction Box: Extremely high waterproof level.
- Split Junction Box: Clever design allows you to produce 50% of the power if an entire half of the panel is covered or shaded.
- Long Lasting 9BB Half-Cut Cell Design: Age based degradation of these panels is less than 16% after 25 years. Most panels in the class lose 20-22% in that time.
- Low Temperature Coefficient: Maintain high levels of performance in high heat and cold weather.
- 25 year warranty: Guaranteed to perform up to listed standards for a full 25 years.
It is tempting to only look at the power rating on a solar panel in order to make a decision about its use. In theory you would want to pay the lowest amount per nominal watt. In practice though, the reality is quite different. Not all panels with the same power ratings are created equal. The actual performance of the panels will not be the same in varying conditions over time.
For example, this 9 busbar 400 watt solar panel is meticulously designed for high efficiency in any environment. Compared to even a highly efficient 5BB design, this 9BB panel will lose only 16% of its production power in a shady application in which a comparable 5BB panel would lose 33%.
This 400 watt panel is also specifically designed to continue producing more power over longer periods of time. The average 72 cell photovoltaic module will lose over 20% of its production power in 25 years even when functioning to specification. This means that if you buy a 400 watt panel, you are likely only getting up to 320 watts at the 25 year mark. By comparison, this 144 cell panel will only degrade up to 16% in those 25 years. This 16 watt difference may sound trivial but has a compounding effect through multiple panels and consistent use.
Additionally, this 9BB half-cell solar panel is also designed to work better in varying temperatures. Its much lower than average temperature coefficient means that the module loses very little efficiency as the temperature rises above its 25 degree celsius ideal.
Other panels in the market may claim the same 400 watts but in practice will produce substantially less depending on the shade of the environment, the temperature of the environment, and even the age of the panel.
We are extremely excited to offer this high efficiency 144 cell module to our customers. If you have any questions about this or any of our other products, please do not hesitate to reach out via email at email@example.com or by phone at 1-800-917-9113.
About Solar Panels Free Shipping.
The growth of solar, or photovoltaic installations throughout the US in the last 5 years is incredibly encouraging in terms of our nation's energy independence as well as from the perspective of lowering our carbon footprint and improving the environment. However, it has to be said that many of the companies that have struck "gold" during this time period have had little more than profits in mind.
Many solar operations charge the homeowner a price so high (as much as $20-$30k for a 2500 square foot home) that the return on investment for the homeowner ends up being terrible. In many cases, the homeowner only breaks even 15-18 years after the installation. If a snake oil salesman asked you to give him 100 dollars promising that after 18 years you would have the $100 back with the promise of future profits, you would run away from him. However, this is regularly happening with fly by night solar companies. What is even more disconcerting is that many of these operations place a lien on your property that acts as a second mortgage. When it is time to sell your house, you have to hope that the buyer also wants solar and is willing to pay for it or the sale is going to become significantly less profitable. The profits that these companies make is one of the reasons why advertising for solar installations on Google Adwords is so much more expensive than the ads for items of similar value.
At SolarPanelsFreeShipping, we do not offer installation. We do not offer complex set ups that yield to 15 years of payoff. We offer support but no pushy salespeople. We simply sell the best parts we can with long, comforting warranties, at the lowest price that allows us to make a modest profit and with FREE SHIPPING.
The idea is to help savvy homeowners get solar at a reasonable cost while allowing them to benefit from the federal and local rebates that apply to them. DIY solar installations allow you to save up to 80% of the costs associated with solar and significantly ramp down your "break-even period." If you want to buy the parts and hire an installer for a reasonable cost, great! If you want to buy the parts and do the vast majority of your installation, great! If you simply want to save on a few components, we are here for that too! Our mission is to help people go solar without lining our pockets too greedily. A fair profit for a great product.
If you have any questions or concerns about these solar panels, we would love to hear from you. Feel free to call us at 1-800-917-9113 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a great day!
Performance at STC
- Maximum Power (Pmax/W): 400
- Operating Voltage (Vmpp/V): 40.7
- Operating Current (Impp/A): 9.96
- Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc/V): 49.3
- Short-Circuit Current (Isc/A): 10.50
- Module Efficiency ηm(%): 20.1
Performance at NMOT
- Maximum Power (Pmax/W): 302.1
- Operating Voltage (Vmpp/V): 37.9
- Operating Current (Impp/A): 7.98
- Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc/V): 45.9
- Short-Circuit Current (Isc/A): 8.48
- Cell Type: Mono-Crystalline Silicon (9Busbar)
- Cell Dimensions: 158.75*158.75mm (6inches)
- Cell Arrangement: 144 (6*24)
- Weight: 22.5kg (49.6Ibs)
- Module Dimensions: 79.06*39.45*1.38inches
- Cable Length (Portrait): (+)11.81inches / (-)11.81inches
- Cable Length (Landscape): (+)47.24inches / (-)47.24inches
- Cable Cross Section Size: 4mm2 (0.006inches2)
- Front Glass: 3.2mm High Transmission, Tempered Glass
- No. of Bypass Diodes: 3/6
- Frame: Anodized Aluminium Alloy
- Junction Box: IP68
- Maximun System Voltage: 1000V/1500V/DC(IEC)
- Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ +85°C
- Maximun Series Fuse: 20A
- Static Loading: 5400pa
- Conductivity at Ground: ≤0.1Ω
- Safety Class: II
- Resistance: ≥100MΩ
- Connector: MC4 Compatible
- IEC 61215
- IEC 61730
- UL 1703 Listed
- ISO 14001: 2015 Environment Management System
- ISO 45001: 2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System
- CEC Approved
Due to the current cost of pine that we use to build our shipping crates, we are temporarily unable to sell single panel orders except for local delivery in south Florida. We apologize for this inconvenience.